[EuroPython] Any News ?

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:08:38 +0100

Paul Everitt wrote:
> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> >Stefane Fermigier wrote:
> >I suppose, the flyer won't make to IPC10 though ... which is sad.
>
> If someone can get the flyer to me by the end of this week, we can print
> up a hundred and pass them out.  The problems, of course, involved
> making the decision that define what goes on the flyer, and then
> designing the flyer.

I agree getting the word out soon, at IPC10 and other venues is indeed
a top priority.

The flyer text. Everybody please comment:

Announce: European Python and Zope Conference 2002

European Python and Zope Conference 2002 (EuroPython 2002)
June 26-28, 2002
Charleroi, Belgium
Website: http://www.europython.org

The European Python and Zope Conference is an initiative to bring together
European Python and Zope users and developers. This will be the first major
European event dedicated solely to the Python programming language and its
applications. Since Python is seeing a lot of use and much important
Python software is developed in Europe, European Python community
members felt it was high time to organize a major gathering.

We are extremely proud to announce that one of the keynote speakers will
be Guido van Rossum, the creator of Python.

The event will be hosted by Charleroi, a city in the south of Belgium
not far from Brussels (more information here..Denis?)

Special Zope Track and EuroZope members meeting

For some years now the web application platform Zope, written in Python,
has seen steadily increasing use and development Europe. This already
lead to multiple well-attended gatherings of Zope developers. This had
led to the founding of the EuroZope Foundation, which is decidated to
the promotion and support of Zope users and developers in Europe.

EuroPython 2002 will feature a Zope track to be run in parallel with the
Python track. EuroPython 2002 is also happy to host the first general
member's meeting of the EuroZope Foundation which is to be held during
the conference. (this all right, Joachim?).

**** Comments more than welcome.

Regards,

Martijn