[EuroPython] Conference brochure draft for review

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:18:42 +0200 (CEST)

"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com>:

> > This is an awesome piece of work, indeed! The SVG stamp is
> > kind of great, isn't it (if it is SVG... ;-)?
>
> If you mean th background image, that's plain PDF.

Ok, quite possible. In fact that would explain the strange font
"Albertus Medium" in the brochure which is sort of close but
not identical to the artist's original choice (don't know that
font's name, though).

If Vincent should not like this (artists can take these things
very serious) I recommend using his SVG version which contains
vectorised text. Andy, if you or John want to use that you can
do so via svglib.py running on the included EPC SVG logo (just
slightly modified) which I mentioned here some days ago:

  http://python.net/~gherman/#svglib

Otherwise come to my presentation to see how to do it! ;-)

If my opinion is worth anything: I'd prefer the original font
which is also present in the "print material" samples on the
website.

Regards,

Dinu