[EuroPython] speaker's FAQ

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:26:26 +0200

Hi there,

The speakers FAQ on the site gives the impression that
they have to send their track champion the slides (in PDF), so that that
person will have it on their laptop at the conference.

"""
What will be used to present talks (PC, projector, flip-over...) ?

Your Track Champion should have a laptop connected to a beamer. If you send
your presentation in advance, your Track Champion should have it waiting for
you on his laptop
"""

Apparently this is happening for some tracks, but this wasn't my intended
procedure for the Python tracks, and apparently it is at least not anymore
the procedure for the Zope track as Tom's laptop broke down. :)

I will of course have a laptop there in case this is necessary, but
I'd prefer people bring their own laptops set up correctly (but that should
not be any problem these days; just hook it up to the beamer and go, at
least this is how it happened at previous such events I've been to!)

Of course after the conference I'll collect the slides from the speakers
so we can offer them for download on the website.

I sent my speakers a mail explaining this to them, but perhaps the FAQ can
be adjusted?

Regards,

Martijn