[EuroPython] Revised brochures available

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 19:22:36 +0200

Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>
> > I'm not interesting in a flame war here and would also welcome
> > comments from other people.
>
> Other people please speak up to get this matter cleared out quickly.

All right then.

Yesterday I saw the credit page. I was not pleased; I felt I'd done more
than just organize a track and write a press release (I was in the end
credits for the latter, and on page 4 just as a track chair). People can
determine for themselves what I did in the past (I think a lot), even though
I have been able to spend somewhat less time (but still significant amounts)
recently.

I did not want to kick up a fuss, and I guess I was selfish, as I only
spoke up for myself to MAL, Denis and Tom in private.

As a result of that the page got changed to what Nicolas saw today -- some
more people added to the support team with a little bit more credit.
So I said okay, because really we have better things to do than argue
about this, and I didn't want it to become a 'credit pissing match'.

But still I cannot be unhappy that Nicolas spoke up, and was gracious enough
to also speak up for me. Thank you, Nicolas. I appreciate that.

Anyway, I've seen the suggestion been bandied about several times today
and yesterday for scrapping the bios (just names with some text in
parenthesis about their role, I'd say). This suggestion would have my
support as well; it seems to be the fairest solution.

Anyway, let's all enjoy the conference (that is a lot of reward for our
work), and I'll try to be quiet about this again from now on.
Perhaps we can all work this out over a beer next week. :)

Thanks again everybody for their hard work and making this happen. We should
be proud of EuroPython; I am. :)

Regards,

Martijn