AW: [EuroPython] Budget

Andrew Smart Andrew.Smart@smart-knowhow.de
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:11:26 +0100

> Auftrag von Martijn Faassen
> Gesendet: Dienstag, 5. Marz 2002 09:29
> An: M.-A. Lemburg
> Cc: Tom Deprez; europython@python.org
> Betreff: Re: [EuroPython] Budget
>

> > How far has the budget team reached consensus on this ?
> > If not, then please make this top priority !
>
> Preparing a budget is indeed the top priority in my mind.

I've been down under with work a bit, sorry for that.

To have an idea how much to take we need to have some data about costs.
Especially what CEME will take for the rooms, how much we should plan for
food and hard/software equipment.

Then we have an idea about costs, and then we have an idea about how much to
take.

> > I think USD 100 per day, USD 250 for the event, half for
> > students make a good scheme, but without a budget estimate,
> > this is just pie-in-the-sky talk.

Budget estimates are always "pie-in-the-sky's" :-)

But you can make an "sound's good" estimate, though.

I can do that, but I need some basic data, as described above.

Andrew