[EuroPython] Scientific topic

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:22:24 +0100

Marc Poinot wrote:

> > What would be the content of such a letter ? Some kind of contract
> > between P3B and the speaker ?
>
> Well, you can see it as a kind of contract.
> I don't think you'll need this for every speaker, unless you're inviting
> them. In that case, they certainly would like to have a letter that
> confirm the fees will be re-imbursed by the conference organization.
> In the case you're flying for your company, you also have to justify
> your spent time.
>
> About Paul Dubois, it's a bit different, because his own lab is paying the
> flight to Lyon (Konrad have a conference with him).
> Like us, he's working for govt agencies (and/or research centers). Some of
> us may have to have a formal agreement before any talk, visit or
> meeting outside of our country. P.Dubois is working for US labs,
> (LNLL is a big lab in US), and he requires something that says
> that he's going to speak in Europe, for a Python-related conference.

So it's more like a proof of attendance (and proof that speakers
will not sit in the Chareleroi pubs *all* day long ;-).

That's perfect; otherwise I still wouldn't know who is running the
conference and whether I can send out "official" documents or not ;-)

> I'll send a letter example by email to Denis Frere (P3B).

Please also upload a copy as PDF somewhere so that we can use it as
basis for all speakers.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH