[EuroPython] Talks & Papers

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 21:52:24 +0100

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> > Uhm, I am confused: why do you call this call for papers when
> > you really want a call for talks ?
>
> I'm not, but I didn't write this document; it was already there.
> I figured we might be able to adapt it, but perhaps that's not necessary.

I see.

> > BTW, I think all of this is too bureaucratic: just have the track
> > champions manage the tracks and organize the talks (like e.g.
> > Tim and I did for the business track). We really don't need any
> > "form" of some kind -- personal contact is much more important
> > here.
>
> All right, that's fine with me as well. No form. But if we want to call
> for speakers and they should respond, how do we do this then?
> Somekind of call with a list of contacts (by email) would still be necessary.

It's usually easiest to simply contact potential speakers
by email directly -- personal contacts usually help more than
some official posting to some mailing list :-)

> > Since nobody else volunteered, Tim and I will also play track
> > champions for the Web Services track.
>
> Great! :)
>
> I can play champion (along with Tom) for the Zope track, and I can probably
> also do something which I call the 'Python geek track' for want of a better
> word.. By this I mean language technology of interest, such as Psyco and
> Stackless, Jython perhaps if it doesn't get its own stuff,
> and perhaps something more library oriented as well.
>
> > I'll edit the business track and web services track pages
> > when I get home from London.

Just did.

I'm going away for one week on holidays. After that I expect that
Tim and I will start talking to speakers for the web services
track as well.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH