[EuroPython] Payment, taxes, accounting, badges

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom@aragne.com
Thu, 2 May 2002 01:56:50 +0200

> Please, ask this to your accountant, he/she should know if we need a VAT.

>I know that P3B don't *need* one, but *may* have one.
>Do visitors would be interrested in P3B having a VAT number ?
>- Yes if we consider 200 EUR is a VAT included price
>- No if the conference price is 200 EUR + VAT

>In the first case, they will just have a 200 EUR expense.
>In the last case, they would have a 165 EUR expense + 35 EUR VAT
>but then EuroPython would have 165 EUR (gross) benefit and Belgium VAT
>administration a 35 EUR benefit for each visitor.
>If EuroPython wants to earn 200 EUR/vistor, then the entrance fee must
>be 242 EUR.
>Tell me if I'm wrong.

Sorry, I don't have that much experience in these kind of things and I don't
know if you need a VAT in these cases (as the congress). If you know for
sure that P3B doesn't need a VAT number for selling entry tickets, then you
don't need to take a VAT account.  But in case you're not sure yourself...
that's why I proposed to contact your accountant.

> As I told you, it's all online :
> http://www.p3b.org/about/statuts/part02#article 2 and
> http://www.p3b.org/about/statuts/part01#section01 respectively.
> (Did you look at the nice tree-formated bylaws ?)

yup, I did, but have overlooked it.... these laws are not my cup of tee and
certainly not when they are in french.

> Now to help you, I will summarize these data here :
> P3B official address  | Responsible address  |
> Rue de Colnet 9       | idem (I 'host' P3B:  |
> B-6040 Charleroi      | it's a nice VA-Linux |
>                       | bi-PIII in my cellar)|

Thanks. It would have been easier if you gave this all along.

> > Can we put you as contact person?
>
> Of course, who else ?
>
> > Which telephone number may we use and which email address?
>
> Both are on the website homepage http://www.europython.org/
> Moreover you do know my email address since you're using it
> and tell them I don't want phone calls ! ;-)

Euhm, just wanted to be sure not to put information on it that you didn't
liked.... therefor all these questions...
nothing else behind these endless to and from mailings...

> Do you need something else ?

No, but like Marc-Andre told, it is perhaps better that you set up the
account at ShareIT yourself. This will avoid these kind of stupid mailings
and perhaps future mailings (because of something I don't know of when
filling in the ShareIT account) , since you have all the information at
hand. Besides, perhaps you would like to know what information is on the
ShareIT account...

Tom