[EuroPython] NEW HOME PAGE - PLEASE LOOK!

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Thu, 2 May 2002 15:00:21 +0200 (CEST)

> > Why do we need to change the homepage ? Opening with the press
> > release is not that bad as it summarizes all the information you
> > need to get a good understanding of what EuroPython is about.
>
> A press release is not a home page.  A home page aims to provide easy
> access to links and other information, should have attractive
> graphics, and not much text.  Read "Don't Make Me Think" by Steve
> Krug for more info on how to make a good home page.

Sure, a press release is not a home page.

But, a home page should provide most of the information a passer-by needs.
Read "Don't make me tour your website to find out what it is about" or
"Don't make me explore your website to find out the answers to my three
simpleand super-common questions". BTW, on a website like EuroPython,
graphics, even attractive ones, are useless unless they provide
information (except for the logo maybe).

Let's turn a summary of the press release into our homepage then :-)

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais oł est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)