[EuroPython] Payment, taxes, accounting, badges

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 07 May 2002 09:15:24 +0200

Andy Robinson wrote:

> > PS: The subject line also includes "badges" -- is there anyone
> > who can take care of printing badges ? We can use the online
> > registration data + the conference speaker data for printing
> > them upfront and will have to provide the reg. desk with
> > a printer and appropriate software for doing the same
> > in real-time.
> >

> Catching up after 3 days off... I think that's Reportlab's
> territory.
>
> I do need to know fast where the 'database' will be and
> what fields will be in it, and we'll make sure that
> badges can be formatted fast.  If whoever is running the
> site wants to do the work, we could let registered users
> design their own.  Also let them fill in stuff about themselves,
> and format a whole conference info pack with timetables and
> talk synopses etc. which people download and print beforehand -
> which saves the conference money on printing.  We can
> host a bunch of wizards on www.reportlab.com which the
> EuroPython site can link to.

Please don't make things to complicated -- the badge
will only have to carry the name, company and the
EuroPython logo + conference headline.

> Unfortunately ANY such project has to start with sample
> data; could whoever will be assembling the records of
> people who signed up, or structuring the timetables,
> mail me and we'll get to work on it?
>
> Physically we'll need the plastic thingies and perforated
> sheets and a deskjet or two.  I will be flying in alone
> and cannot carry too much hardware.

Could you setup a ConferenceRegistration page with this
information ? We need to know how many PCs, printers,
etc. we need ourselves.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH