[EuroPython] Budget team

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 07 May 2002 12:50:07 +0200

Tom Deprez wrote:

> > Ok, I've taken Strakt and ReportLab off the exhibitors page.
> > This leaves three interested parties.
> >
> > http://europython.zope.nl/draftwiki/ConferenceExhibitors
> >
> > Now that we have fixed the pricing (EUR 700 for 4m2 space,
> > table, chair and one full entry; EUR 1200 for 8m2),
> > I think it's a good time to approach these candidates and
> > maybe some others as well.
>
> Ok. But you could still sell a simple table with a chair.... with another
> price tag.
> The company can then use it to display eg a poster and put some flyers on
> it, but nothing else.
> Nothing else will be included etc, eg theft etc.... It is just the bare
> minimum (just like Andy proposes).
> I don't take that this takes extra administratif work and it brings cash,
> although little.

We have to make a decision here:

a) either all interested parties can rent one of the
available tables (for say EUR 100) with nothing else
included and no strings attached (e.g. no insurance,
no guards, ...)

or

b) we only have sell booths with strings attached

Having both doesn't work -- even with just one booth in
category b) we get to keep the full fixed costs for
these booths.

> > The budget currently includes an estimate of 5 booths. Please
> > let me know if that should change.
> >
> > Also, if that information is available, I'd like to know how
> > many people have registered interest on the web site so far.
>
> Can't follow.
> The contact page is just created, so I don't think people have responded to
> that already.

I meant the online "registration of interest" which seems to
have been removed from the web-site (at least I can't find it
anymore).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH