[EuroPython] Exhbit Space

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom@aragne.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 21:57:46 +0200

> Since this is a computer conference, we really do need both power and
internet
> access, even if that costs more.
>
> I think security is also important, at the very least we should be able to
> attach the computers to the table with a bicycle chain lock.  Being under
the
> hostess watchful eye would be even better, even if it did cost some extra
money.

Correct, but we need to find companies who want to share the extra cost.
Right now, I don't here any company telling that they want to have a booth
at those expenses.
If you know companies who want, let us know. According to Marc-André his
mail, do we have a break-even at 5 booths. Meaning that if we have 6 booths
we have some cash to use for the conference....

> A final point, it would be good to have a deadline for sign ups for
booths, so
> that we could make a go no-go decision early on, so that you would know
for sure
> how many companies would be there.

Yup.... but it is hard to find which way is the best to go. There aren't
many companies expressing themself they want a booth....

Perhaps its time to ask this:
---------------------------
(if people on this list know of a python/zope company, please ask them if
they are interested in a booth. This congress will only work if we all share
the word. On lists, to companies, to friends, etc. Having companies who can
sponsor makes some things easier for the organisers here)

1) How many companies are interested in a booth

2) How many companies would like a booth of minimum 800 EUR, which includes
security and assurance

3) How many companies are interested in a booth of the bare minimum, just to
put flyers and brochures on it? For around 100-200 EUR.

4) Would companies who pay a minimum of 800 EUR mind that there are others
who just pay less, but of course don't have benefits concerning guards etc.

5) How many people forward this message to friends, companies they know
personell of etc?

If we get enough response on this mail, then we can make a decision soon.
(By the end of this week or beginning of next week?) Otherwise...

If just a few -of the how much people registered on this list?- respons to
this message, then I think we know how much interest people have in a
EuroPython event....
I thought lot's of people wanted to have a Python/Zope congress close by, ie
in Europe ....

Regards,
Tom