[EuroPython] Internet lines

Andy Robinson andy@reportlab.com
Wed, 8 May 2002 16:41:35 +0100

> > Hey, why can't we just upload presentations to a server and give
> > them from some designated two or three internet-enabled boxes
> > connected via a single cheap phone line?
>
> YES ! Let's do that please. At the same time, we will just
> make an ISO
> image of the whole directory where presentations are
> stored, for people to
> download and burn. That's a low-budget conf, but it does
> not mean we have
> to neglect good ideas :-)

Go further and mandate PythonPoint for all slide generation
(with Nicholas & colleagues' extensions), then we can
do a compilation of all the talks afterwards - or put
them in the program :-)

I do think it's a great idea to allocate ftp space
and a directory per speaker on a server, before
the conference.  Then you just need one PC in
each room where presentations are done

- Andy