[EuroPython] Internet lines

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 08 May 2002 18:41:20 +0200

Andy Robinson wrote:

> > > Hey, why can't we just upload presentations to a server and give
> > > them from some designated two or three internet-enabled boxes
> > > connected via a single cheap phone line?
> >
> > YES ! Let's do that please. At the same time, we will just
> > make an ISO
> > image of the whole directory where presentations are
> > stored, for people to
> > download and burn. That's a low-budget conf, but it does
> > not mean we have
> > to neglect good ideas :-)
> >
> Go further and mandate PythonPoint for all slide generation
> (with Nicholas & colleagues' extensions), then we can
> do a compilation of all the talks afterwards - or put
> them in the program :-)
>
> I do think it's a great idea to allocate ftp space
> and a directory per speaker on a server, before
> the conference.  Then you just need one PC in
> each room where presentations are done

Sorry, guys. No time for hackers delight.

Slides must use PDF, Word or plain HTML. I have already
found a volunteer who is willing to paste all this
together into a nice format which can then go online
after the conference.

BTW, please stay focussed on getting work done rather
than generating new work, e.g we still need a volunteer
to manage the day BoF sessions are lightning talks.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH