[EuroPython] Re: talk about Jython?

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 16 May 2002 19:20:12 +0200

Andy Robinson wrote:
> > What I personally would be very interested in is experience
> > (and maybe even real life examples) of how to hook up Jython
> > to J2EE, use it to write JavaBeans which can be published
> > through J2EE, etc.
> >
> > My point of view here is that Jython would be an ideal
> > vehicule to bridge between the Python world and the
> > Java world (and not so much focus on Jython as scripting
> > tool for Java programmers).
>
> The tutorial track is currently thin and if Python Language
> is getting busy (or even if not),  how about a short talk
> on one of these topics?

Python *Language* currently suffers from a lack of talks; there's not
enough, so please don't draw anything from that into the tutorial track,
or at least let's try to coordinate this. :)

> I would really like to see this
> done with a "teach how to do it" focus rather than "we're
> all Jython-heads, lets' dive into details" and that was my
> vision for the Tutorial track.

I think the Python Language track can have some less high level talks if
they pop up, but I don't want to compete with the tutorial track
either.

Regards,

Martijn