[EuroPython] FYI: Updated press release

holger@trillke.net holger@trillke.net
Fri, 17 May 2002 22:49:24 +0200

[Paul Everitt Fri, May 17, 2002 at 01:49:32PM -0400]
> Here is an updated version of the press release (reviewed earlier by the
> executive committee):
>
>    http://europython.zope.nl/draftwiki/UpdatedPressRelease

the press release sounds good, but let me note from my journalistic
experience that some more information would be appreciated:

- how many people in europe are *approximately* using python
  (10.000, 100.000 or ?). maybe it's completly unknown?

- how is the conference organized (collaboratively...)

- maybe mention that this is the second big free software
  developer's event this year. (the other beeing
  FOSDEM with 500-1000 people in Bruxelles earlier this year).

- give a number like 'more than 100 tutorials/presentations/lightning
  talks'

btw, many computer journalists like this kind of statistical information
as they usually don't care to research it :-)

regards,

    holger