[EuroPython] RE: EuroPython - Speakers information (fwd)

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Fri, 24 May 2002 12:13:36 +0200 (CEST)

Nicolas Chauvat <Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr>:

> Yes, this is exactly what I had in mind. I cannot ask every speaker to
> prepare a talk *and* write an article.
>
> > IMHO, the two concepts should be separated. Then each speaker could
> > choose between
> > - providing 2 files, one for the presentation, one for the proceedings
> > - providing one presentation file that will be used also for the
> > proceedings (the easy way)
>
> I agree with this.
>
> Opinions ?

I can't speak for the others, but I had not in mind to prepare a
prose paper in addition to a 'bulleted' presentation. At the start
there was some talk about a paper submission process, but I be-
lieve this was sort of silently abstracted away.

Now it's pretty late for writing papers, I guess. I'm also not sure
having just a few papers is good. I mean I like reading papers, but
given the very informal approach of at least the first EPC event
I'd feel very happy with just a collection of all presentations.
Preferably in some portable data format, that doesn't require ex-
ternal resources like images and looks and prints the same every-
where with free software - well, PDF for short...

Next time we can have a more formal process then, maybe.

Regards,

Dinu