[EuroPython] what about september?

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 16:39:41 +0100

Hi there,

What about organizing the new conference in september 2003? I know this
is far off, but this will have some advantages:

  * well outside the timeframe of the conference in the UK in April

  * outside the holiday season

  * but it may very well still be nice weather outside

  * we have time to prepare

Risks:

  * people will be on holiday and can't prepare presentations/conference

  * some other important conference is in september (any?)

Checking the conferences-discuss mailing list for Python, the last
talk was about organizing a conference in the week of march 24 in
2003 in Washington DC. We'd be well out of their way then.

Of course the other option would remain june. It'd be closer to the april
date, but it's still feasible; we managed it last year in about the
same timeframe, and we have a base to start from now.

Regards,

Martijn