[EuroPython] what about september?

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 21:19:31 +0100

Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 04:39:41PM +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Now if we are to move the conference to the fall, I'd rather have it in
> october for everyone to get a chance to be back to work from vacation and
> have time do the last minute preparation work.

Yes, perhaps october would indeed be better.

You do make a good argument for not moving the EuroPython conference
away from june, though.

> BTW, something we discussed last week with Nicolas Pettiaux and Denis Frere
> was to have the event last three full days and dedicate the first day to
> businesses with actual happy users presenting their own use case and
> explain why python made it a success.

I think a day that is focused on business users would  definitely be
a good thing. Many of us are in the python business and last year there
was a lot of interest in a separate business focused event.

The second day could include some tutorials and introductions so that
business users have a motivation to stay on another day as well.
The fourth day can be the 'real geek day'. Lightning talks would fit on
both the first day or if they are more hacker oriented, the last day.

Regards,

Martijn