[EuroPython] what about september?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:24:29 +0100

Tom Deprez wrote:
> Just wondering,
>
> How many students did we have this year?

21; that's around 10% of the total number of attendees --
not really enough to warrant moving the conference date.

I also think that Nicolas makes a good point about the
day 1 use case talks: many attendees this year were very
interested in solutions, so a larger user-oriented forum
makes a lot of sense. That said, our main audience
originates from the commercial camp. We should make things
as attractive for them as possible. Ideal would be to
make the conference suitable for customer invitations. I
believe that this year's event has shown that EPC provides
a very decent platform for commercial activities. We should
grow on that.

BTW, given the tight budget we had to build on last time,
I also think that we'll have to stir more towards the
YAS approach: no free entries (not even for speakers)
and no funding for invited guest speakers.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH