[EuroPython] what about september?

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:26:03 +0100

Tom Deprez wrote:
> yes, but thus it have to be a business oriented conference? I think we have
> to keep it attractive for hackers too.
> I more prefer to have a mix of the hackers and business people, although
> seperated in a certain way. Like for instance the proposal to have day1 for
> business talks.

Agreed with this; I like this compromise. Start with a business day,
2 days of main conference, and the 4th day (if we'll do 4 days)
the hacker's day. I like both as I'm in business and a hacker. :)
Anyway, we need both -- open source related software needs hackers to
exist and develop further, and needs business to reach end users.

I do think the conference could do with a day (the first) that's very solution
oriented. This will attract more users with no big background in Python
(or Zope).

> I'm still in favor for giving people free entrance if they give a talk of at
> least 30-40 minutes. Perhaps we could let the business people pay, even if
> they give a talk, after all, it's like a sort of commercial isn't it?

It might be hard to distinguish between 'commercial' talks versus
talking about something you're enthusiastic about. Perhaps you can split
it by track or something..

Regards,

Martijn