[EuroPython] EPC2003: program + length + public + fees

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:17:39 +0200

> Message: 14
> From: "Jens Thiel" <Jens.Thiel@stochastix.de>
> To: "Tom Deprez" <tom@aragne.com>, <europython@python.org>
> Subject: RE: [EuroPython] EPC2003: program + length + public + fees
> Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:04:15 +0100

> replace "ticket" by "registration type" ;-)
>
> The idea was that the 3-day-people can register on the first day, whereas
> the 2-day people can not. So you do not need different badges (which would
> have created a two-class society on the remaining days), color tags or
> anything.

+1

Also the different colour nametags help people find other people who are
interested to discuss different aspects of Zope. Possible there could be
different colour codings.. like:

   - Zope core / Zope product or service developer
   - Zope User ( using zope products or doing inhouse development )
   - Business

Remembering the event in Charleroi - I would have liked to know more
beforehand about people there. I mean I do like to mingle with people
and chit chat, but I would have also liked to use the time more
efficiently. Know better who I can meet and arrange that.

To support that kind of activity, one thing could be that while
registering and also later - there would be optional fields to tell more
about yourself, your business and specialities. And via the website we
could promote people to meet and discuss openly on different subjects --
have even small ad hoc 'speciality' tracks somewhere ,-)

In the simplest form this is just a Wikiweb, where people can
communicate. But it should be made public and promoted that poeple would
take an advantage of these possibilities and use the valuable 'face
time' well, meeting interesting people.

-huima