[EuroPython] EPC2003: program + length + public + fees

Jens Thiel Jens.Thiel@stochastix.de
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:24:17 +0100

> > replace "ticket" by "registration type" ;-)
> >
> > The idea was that the 3-day-people can register on the first day,
> > whereas the 2-day people can not. So you do not need different badges
> > (which would have created a two-class society on the remaining days),
> > color tags or anything.
>
> ah, but this implies a long waiting row... since all people need
> to register
> at the first day (or the first day) and if they registered online, their
> invoice has to be checked to see if it is for 3 days or not.
>
> Or am I forgetting something?

Sorry, since English is not my "mother tongue" I maybe using misleading
expressions. I am thinking of an online registration ("enrollment") and an
on-site get-your-bag-shirt-and-badge-registration, where you show your
invoice (or as an exception: pay cash).

"Enrollment" is done online for all participants (with the usual late bird
exceptions), but on-site registration for the 3-days tickets is done on the
first day (checking against the "has paid for 3 days list"). People with a
2-days ticket won't be able to do the
"on-site-registration-get-my-badge-thing" on the first day.

I hope you get it, but trying to explain that in French would be far more
confusing ;o)

Jens.