[EuroPython] EPC2003: program + length + public + fees

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:13:31 +0100

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 01:40:10PM +0100, holger krekel wrote:
> I have this experience and i am not convinced that going for 'big'
> businesses is what EuroPython should aim for.  There *were* a lot of
> business contacts last time.  There is plenty of room for improvement
> supporting business activities but i think it should be aimed at
> smaller (pythonic:-) businesses.  Maybe do a "lightning business forum"
> where people from companies just introduce themselves, their projects ,
> their plans and possibly their job offers?  After all, there is no place like
> EuroPython to look for experienced and *dedicated* python programmers!

Could you better explain what you call "smaller pythonic businesses"? A
few examples of such businesses would help, as well as a few examples of what
businesses opportunities could arise.

I have a feeling that in your opinion, "business at europython" rhymes
with "let pythonic companies find programmers for consulting job". Is this
correct?

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais oł est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)