[EuroPython] Summary in the wiki

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:20:02 +0100

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 10:39:44AM +0100, Tom Deprez wrote:
> Now, you can, well, they will pay for it... but .... how many business
> people do you think intend to come?

At the moment and considering the current tilt of the conference programme
(same as last year, hacker-friendly only), my opinion is that no
"business people" would come.

> See the problems we had last year for having some booths, commercials on
> the conference... this was really a battle. Business people themselfs
> told that the prices were too expensive (while they were rather cheap if
> you look at other conferences) and now in the sudden, they would like to
> pay more?

I think you're mistaken. Read last year's discussion thread. A booth is not
expensive /per-se/. It is expensive when the expected income is much smaller
than the known expense. If you are running a business and get a booth at a
conference where no one that may buy something from you will show up, it
costs money and becomes sponsorship or advertisement (but you may ask yourself
whether you advertise to the right target if no one is susceptible to buy
something from you...).

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais oł est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)