[EuroPython] For everybody

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:00:37 +0200

Tom Deprez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yesterday, I've been at Charleroi. Denis (for those who don't know, the
> local organiser (PS3B;Argane) of last year and this year), told me that
> everything what we had last year will be there this year as well: Conference
> building, projectors, catering, .... So this is something we don't have to
> worry about (in case people did).

Great :-)

> I've contacted Joachim some days ago and he told me that the
> online-registration could be available before Eastern. So, this is good new
> as well. From the moment Joachim has the link ready, we can start with the
> online registration, which is soon.

Cool. Have the entry fees been finalized yet ?

> Now, I'm a little bit sceptic however on the fact if there is enough
> interest for a second EuroPython conference. Not many people have shown
> their interest in giving a talk. If it stays like this, their won't be a
> conference (my opinion). I would like to hear from the track chair people if
> there is indeed a lack of interest. If they think they can change it. If
> they think they can attrack people for giving a talk at the conference. So
> that EuroPython can provide a good balanced program to the visitors

The Business Track is coming along nicely. Tim and I will try to
get more people interested, but there's no worry in getting enough
talks for the track.

One question: the track submission form allows registering talks
for tracks which were cancelled, e.g. the web services one. I
suppose the track chairmen can simply "grab" talks for these
tracks an stick them on their track, right ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 16 2003)
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                        69 days left