[EuroPython] EP 2004 ?

Laura Creighton lac@strakt.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:43:55 +0200

In a message of Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:16:21 +0200, "M.-A. Lemburg" writes:
>Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
>> Hm... I have organised external conferences here in Gothenburg, Sweden,
> at
>> Chalmers University of Technology (the uni where I work) before, and we
> have
>> fairly decent and nice conference facilities. Prices are reasonable eve
>n for
>> external (non-Chalmers) conferences.
>>
>> If there is interest, I'd be happy to start some enquiries.
>
>Sounds like a good idea. The only question I have is about
>travel -- how easy is getting there by train/plan/car ?
>
>> /dario
>Marc-Andre Lemburg
>eGenix.com

Plane is easy.  Ryan Air from Stansted, Charleroi, or Hamburg or an
airfield near Frankfurt for the inexpensive route, to the minor
airport (G?teborg-City).  Direct flights to Landvetter, the major
airport, via the major airlines from Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam,
Copenhagen, and others I have forgotten.  see:
http://www.lfv.se/site/airports/landvetter/eng/index.asp

Train and car from Copenhagen also fast and easy.

Nice Ferry from Kiel.  (and other places).
http://www7.stenaline.com/servlet/se.ementor.econgero.servlet.presentation.Main?data.node.id=1&data.language.id=2

Gothenburg is the second largest city in Sweden, and Sweden's major
port.  You won't have any trouble getting here.

Laura