Where did the talks go? etc Was: Re: [EuroPython] Time-Schedule

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:59:47 +0100

Magnus Lyck=E5 <magnus@thinkware.se> writes:

> At 19:23 2003-04-28 -0700, Anna Ravenscroft wrote:
>> > Once again, impressive work done by one of our two grand organizers.
>>
>>Yes - very professional appearance. Thanks for all your hard work Tom!
>
> Agreed, this is looking better and better, day by day.
>
> But where did all the talks go? There was a bunch yesterday, and
> now none at all!

Something's broken.  Please hum light incidental music to yourself
until the talks reappear :-)

> Something I realized that I'd like to see at Europython is a presentation
> or tutorial of recent changes in Python 2.2 and 2.3. Particularly how
> new classes work in practice with all bells and whistles.

Eh, I have a "why you should be excited about 2.*3*" talk lined up and
another on metaclasses which are one of 2.2s big new features.  I hope
that will do!  I actually suspect that quite a lot of the Python
Language talks will implicitly or explicitly be about new-in-2.2
stuff.

Cheers,
M.

--=20
  I don't have any special knowledge of all this. In fact, I made all
  the above up, in the hope that it corresponds to reality.
                                            -- Mark Carroll, ucam.chat