[EuroPython] Re: call for talks beta 1

Joachim Schmitz js@aixtraware.de
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:13:35 +0100

Hi,

I have included biography in the form. Are there suggestions for more text=20
on top of the form ?
Also take a look at the pop-up help texts, improvements welcome.

--On Mittwoch, Februar 05, 2003 19:50:50 +0100 "M.-A. Lemburg"=20
<mal@lemburg.com> wrote:

> Joachim Schmitz wrote:
>>
>>> Some nits:
>>> * if possible, there should be a hidden field which allows
>>>    adding notes (by the track managers) e.g. to rate the talk
>>>    quality for future events
>>>
>>> * call for talks should also include the author's bio and
>>>    make it a required field (after all, how are track managers
>>>    supposed to know everyone ;-)
>>>
>> I had the following workflow in mind:
>>
>> - someone submits a talk
>> - the trackchairmen check the list of talks regularly and
>> - aprove or reject a new talk
>> - a according email is send to the submitter, which contains a link to
>>  complete the data
>
> The problem is that in order to approve or reject a talk,
> you need some background on the speaker. That's why the
> bio is important, IMHO.
>
> --
> Marc-Andre Lemburg
> CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH
> eGenix.com -- Makers of the Python mx Extensions: mxDateTime,mxODBC,...
> Python Consulting:                               http://www.egenix.com/
> Python Software:                    http://www.egenix.com/files/python/

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen                              Joachim Schmitz
AixtraWare Ingenieurb=FCro f=FCr Internetanwendungen
H=FCsgenstr. 33a, D-52457 Aldenhoven
Telefon: +49-2464-8851, FAX: +49-2464-905163
Key fingerprint =3D DA10 CC82 62F8 1DBB 39A1  1EDC 725B 3317 A8D7 C3A6
Keyserver: http://www.keyserver.net/en/