[EuroPython] Who are the organizers ?

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:58:09 +0100

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Any takers ?

Yes, I'm a taker for *something*. That is, I'll try to help some
with the website, I can probably do a little bit of writing, and
I'm considering organizing a track actually, after all..

The track I'd like to organize is the Python Frameworks track. This
falls between the language level and the application level. Examples
of Python Framework topics range from modules that do something interesting
(short talk presumably) to discussions of larger frameworks (longer talk
presumably). Topics could be python-XML related, or web server related
(Twisted for instance), or any other framework. I imagine some frameworks
are so topic specific that they belong on other tracks (science related
for instance).

The size of the track should be from half a day to a whole day, considering
how much interest there is. I definitely don't want this to spread
over multiple days -- last year I basically was locked up in tracks
for the entire first two days except for the first morning, and that
was too much (at one point I needed to be in two places at once! :).

> Note that while I am trying to push things a little, I am not
> volunteering for any of this. However, I believe in structured
> working and a clear definition of responsibilities. That's the
> motivation behind these postings.

Makes a lot of sense! Thanks Marc-Andre for taking the time..

Regards,

Martijn