[EuroPython] Website

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom@aragne.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:23:02 +0100

Hi all,

Sorry, I had some internet problems today. I couldn't inform you earlier

Ok, the EP2003 website is now running on Zope 2.6.1.
Thomas is working on the issues concerning the www.europython.org domain
name. So we can get some issues on that in the next comming days.

The talks database has been upgraded some days ago.
Joachim is upgrading the registration part to his new products.
I hope that Juan-David can find some time to some of the
internationalisation issues. I tried to do my best on some of the pages,
folders when changing to EP2003.

We should change the internal structure some more, so that EP2002 and
EP2003 can live nice together. I think we can do the following:

Have in the root a 2002 and 2003 folder (later other years). These
folders contain the information which will likely change every year (eg
pages of the place, etc).
Then we also have the information which can stay for ever. So I think on
having the news, talks folder,  etc on the root.
Do you think it's ok like that (I know it's a very short explanation for
what I'm thinking to do). All people with ideas on this, let me know so
we can work it out.

Further I'm not sure we can do more on the site (besides giving news and
interviews and opening the page where people can fill in the information
of their talk.
More important things have to be discussed, before we can fill in other
pages.

Regards,
Tom.