[EuroPython] EP 2004 decision rather quickly?

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 20:50:15 +0200

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 12:37:43AM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > I have no problem with them having the final word on the "we keep or we let go"
> > topic.
>
> I do.

I understand that you learning it from the website was felt as a bad surprise. I have being trying to get Strakt folks and Denis and Andy Robinson to discuss this for the whole conference, which is why I was already aware that it may end up in Charleroi again.

I agree that opening the discussion would have helped.

> > will also give us another
> > year to get a more formal organization in place,
>
> Why can't we get a more formal organization in place
> now? Do you think you will have the time to organize this in 2004 but
> not this year? Who will be doing this? I think this conference is in bad
> need for a more formal organization *right now* actually, as this kind of
> unilateral decision making sucks.

Fine. Let's do it...

> > I know that the PSU would
> > destroy such a mafia in no time, but since the PSU does not exist.
>
> I don't care about bringing humor into this matter right now, sorry. Maybe
> later.

:-P

> I think we shouldn't wait until next year. A more transparent decision
> making process is extremely obviously needed *right now*.

I've always been in favour of transparent decision making processes. Could you
suggest one or comment on the one I suggested?

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais oł est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)