[EuroPython] How to decide locations in future

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 19:19:50 +0200

Harald Armin Massa wrote:
> I am +1 for Andys suggestion,
>
> I think we should vote on Andys suggestion now.

I saw Andy make a whole range of suggestions concerning both next year's
location and location decisions in general. What suggestion are you referring
to?

It would be a bad idea to vote now in my opinion. I suggest we give this
whole debate about both decision making and the location choice itself
a few weeks time. Let's set a deadline for the various decision, in
particular location choice. Let's make a few announcements so that those
who are interested can join in; many are still recovering from this conference
and not ready for this yet (I certainly wasn't!).

If you force a vote (on a whole long email message no less) now this will
devolve into another flamewar; everybody will feel forced to put in their
points as quickly as possible and that's wrong and will only lead to
more ill feeling.

Thanks,

Martijn