[EuroPython] Future EPC evaluation form

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 08:50:59 -0400

On Sunday 06 July 2003 04:39, Laura Creighton wrote:
> Instead, we brought one heck of a lot of power, and let everybody come
> with truck and bus loads of gear, and, 24 hours a day, all conference
> long, there were solid demonstrations of 'look at the cool stuff I
> did' ... =A0'here! look! you can play with it too'. =A0But we rented a
> summer camp off season and stayed there, making all our meals on site,
> which made 'sleep when you like, hack when you like' practical.

Jim mentioned to me the desire to have a Hackers-like conference for Zope m=
any=20
times and I think it would be really cool. I think the Rotterdam Sprintatho=
n =20
was probably the closest to that the Python/Zope community has done. I thin=
k=20
it is worth a try to run a conference like that. I for one never go for the=
=20
talks anyways, since I know most of the technology I am interested in=20
anyways. I only go to conferences to meet people and update myself about so=
me=20
new developments. So for me a coding conference would be a million times mo=
re=20
interesting and worth my money! I realize that we also have business people=
=20
at the conference, but as you said, we could prepare talks for them - but t=
he=20
true advantage is that they can see the productivity of our technologies. A=
ll=20
good in my opinion.

BTW, I like your second suggestion as well.

Regards,
Stephan
=2D-=20
Stephan Richter