[EuroPython] EuroPython decision process

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:47:23 +0200

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:31:27PM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > > The only alternative I see is to try and appoint some NEUTRAL committee
> > > who have no plans to host an event (I'll happily be on that) and let
> > > contenders fly us out, wine us and dine us and bribe us like the Olympic
> > > Committee.....
>
> That's not the only alternative. A membership system is another, and
> can be combined with this. Let's please not bring this down to two
> alternatives straight away while there are obviously a ton of variations.

As you started doing, I suggest we start writing down the alternatives we
have and build on that. Let's make sure the discussion does not go in
circles from now on. Could someone step up and take care of writing down
the different proposal and putting them up on a website ? I, for sure, can't
do this, even if this is much needed.

A (very) quick summary :

- candidates :

  Denis and friends in Charleroi
  Strakt and friends in Goteburg
  Andy and friends in UK

- decision process

  andy: make offer 13 month in advance. ask conference attendees to wave hands
  martijn: membership system and online vote
  nicolas(me): past years attendees get one vote (online vote)

- formal organisation

  denis: international non-profit
  nicolas(me): PBF SIG (I will elaborate later)

I probably forgot something althought I read all my mail today, which proves
we need to write down and sum things up properly.

Please someone step up and take over from this point. Thanks.

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais oł est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)