[EuroPython] Two EPC in 2004? :)

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 19:30:51 +0200

Nicolas Chauvat:

> My concern with more than one EP per year is that my main interest in
> EP
> it the opportunity to meet with everyone in a single place. I don't
> have time
> to travel to different places many times per year to attend to
> different
> Python events in order to get a chance to meet with everyone.
>
> The critical mass factor is responsible in a large part for the
> success of
> the conference. You go because you know everyone will go and this is
> the
> occasion to easily meet with everyone.
>
> If you have many EP conferences, chances are you'll end up with small
> ones
> and a bigger one. See my previous e-mail: let's keep EP the big one and
> have local conferences for those that want it. But sending out the
> message
> that "there are several EP conference per year" is IMHO a very bad
> idea that
> could destroy our fragile successes of EP02 and EP03.

Well well, I'd also like to have only one good newspaper to read
exactly what I'm interested in and only one good TV programme to
broadcast the movies I like most, etc. Fact is, it ain't gonna
happen anytime, soon... :-/

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."