[EuroPython] EuroPython decision process

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom@aragne.com
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:32:06 +0200

> I think this voting procedure needs to be worked so it's fair and not
> biased towards 'locals' who may often be motivated to vote for
> something nearby. I still think a membership system is
> still preferable, where members can vote. Conference attendees will
> become automatic members for the next N years, perhaps. Others can
> become a member for a moderate price.

Mmm, I'm not in favor of a membership system. Look at the failure of
EuroZope. How many people did register them as a member? I know I did,
but I think there were only a few. Also, the donation setup at
EuroPython didn't gave lot's of result, while it also clearly states
that the donations will be used for the future of EuroPython. All this
gives me the idea that payed memberships just don't work.

However, the idea of making conference attendees a member is a nice
idea. That could be possible.

Regards,
Tom.