[EuroPython] Re: EuroPython decision process

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 19:38:56 +0200

Tim Couper wrote:
> I was partially
> responding to the discussion about whether we should
> have 2 such events per annum, and at the same time
> just stirring up some thoughts about what each of us
> can do regionally to grow the community. However, I
> recognise that discussing this issue in the Europython
> group may be the wrong place.

It *is* probably the right place, but perhaps not the right time.
I *hope* the EuroPython organization can grow into something that
can support multiple Python related events in Europe. This could be
local events, or events with a different focus (participation
in trade shows), or sprints, or maybe even eventually multiple
bigger conferences per year.

Right now I am of the opinion however that we should first get
our bases in order before we can branch out. This is why I
respond to the whole discussion of multiple events as rather
premature at this point, and also unfortunate, as it distracts
attention from what I think are the real problems at hand now.

But yes, of course there are of course a lot of possibilities and
opportunities for EuroPython.

Regards,

Martijn