[EuroPython] Structure prototypes

Andrew Smart Andrew.Smart@smart-knowhow.de
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:11:07 +0200

Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
> [...]

I'm fine with both approaches. Every type has its pro's and con's.

But I have to be convinced that "the community" is willing and able
to organize themself in a way which makes the next EPC possible.

The last both events has been "on the shoulders" of some few peoples,
who made a terrific job and two beatiful conferences. If we talk about
"community" then my impression is that the weight is going to be
put on more shoulders, at least considering the risks.

I fear the passing the organisational structure in the hand of an
anonymus group of people will cause the effect that many people don't
feal responsible for the success. And having a organisational structure
the last organisers will - with any right - give away the responsibility
to said organisation.

What happens then? Who is going to take the lead? Of what?

Andrew