[EuroPython] Voting structure on the web

Denis Frère denis@aragne.com
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:51:11 +0200

Le Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 02:04:42PM +0200, Andrew Smart pianota:

> First the question should have been: for what kind of votes you are
> going to use this voting system?
>
> I think we should have some common understanding who the community
> is after all.

Indeed, I was pleased to see some fundamental questions arising in the
previous mails : who is the community, what are our aims, ...
For me, your approach is good.

> Just because the people won't replay doesn't mean they are supporting
> the ideas exchanged on the list.

Obviously.

> > I hope we can agree on a way to create such an organisation.
>
> The problem is to "bootstraping" the whole thing, on either way.
>
> A voting system with some sort of authentication would be a good
> tool for any kind of decission making.
>
> My question was: is there a good tool out there?

The best tool I know of is Glasnost
see http://glasnost.entrouvert.org/downloading
I don't know if there is an English doc yet, but it's pure Python.

Denis

--
Denis FRERE
P3B    : Club Python(-Zope) Belge --------- http://www.p3b.org