[EuroPython] Re: [pypy-sprint] Zope and PyPy Sprint Coding Party at Louvain-La-Neuve 21-22-23-24 june

Henrion Benjamin bh@udev.org
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:39:24 +0200

Jacob HallÚn <jacob@strakt.com> [030616]:
> Hi Henrion,
>
> thanks for your information and your help with the sprint logistics.
>
> I would like to know what sort of arrangements we have for network access in
> the auditoriums. Do we need to bring equipment, like switches, cables,
> wireless access point.

There's one fixed public IP per room (130.104.x.y), and the rooms are
SUD15, SUD16, SUD17, which are just next in the same hall. The rooms are
accessible from Saturday from 9h to 22h. On Monday, there will be two
other rooms, because there are some exams on two of those.

I've three gateways (i need to test them) with three 10MBPS ethernet card each.
There's a DHCP server ready, but I can put fixed IP if you've no dhcp
client on your side.

I've also three 10MBPS hubs, it could be enough (I think 100MBPS is required).

Take an ethernet cable with you if possible.

For the wireless connexion, there will be an Access Point connected to each
gateway.

> Is connection to the network by DHCP, or do we need to get static IP
> information? If so, do you have that information? I assume that it will be
> very difficult to obtain on a Saturday. I have a fair bit of equipment
> available, so as long as we get a single ethernet port and a single IP
> number, we can service evryone. The more I know about the setup, the easier
> it will be to make things work.
>
> Other things...
> Will the two sprints be in separate rooms, or do we have to share?

No, in seperate rooms, but close to each other (20 meters).

>Are there
> whiteboards/blackboards? Do we need to bring our own chalks/pens?

There's a blackboard and chalks, there's also a projection screen if you
would like to display presentations (I don't know if Godefroid Chapelle
has a VGA projector or not)

> Are there any facilities for making tea/coffee or even cooking?

There's a sink in each room, but no coffee machine (I can bring one if
needed). There's a soda distributor in the hall of the auditoriums.

> Jacob HallÚn

I will take pictures of the place this afternoon,

See ya,

--
Benjamin Henrion <bh@udev.org>
http://bh.udev.org