[EuroPython] FYI: This afternoon's IRC

Paul Everitt paul@zope-europe.org
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 18:00:21 +0100

We met briefly.  Tom, Michael, and Paul.

Resolved:

1) Speakers (not lightning talkers) get free admission but still pay
catering (for now).  Thus, only promise in the CFP that speakers get
"free conference admission".  Don't promise free anything-else.

2) Direct "other questions" (private questions) to europython@p3b.org

3) We need to update the callFor page.

4) Don't mention lightning talks in this CFP.  Use them as a reason to
come back later and send more announcements/reminders.

5) Regarding short and long, versus just one duration of talks, Tom and
I share the same opinion.  We had two slot sizes last year for the Zope
Track and found it worked well.  Thus, perhaps track chairs should have
the option to organize slots as they wish.

--Paul