[EuroPython] FYI: Chat recap re: the CFP

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 19:26:15 +0100

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 02:26:38PM +0100, Paul Everitt wrote:
>     - Lightning talk (5 min)

Couldn't it be 10 min ? 5 is *really* short. In 10 min, you can barely say "hi here is what I do". You can make people actually respect the timing and tell them that 10 min includes questions if you want to keep an average speed of 6 talks per hour.

>   o Adopting the new-style of conference: free space in schedule,
>   rooms for mingling, BoFs and lightning talks as prime focus, sprints

sounds good! who is the sprint manager (some organisation needed I guess) ?

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais oł est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)