[EuroPython] Version 0.0.1 of CFP announcement

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sat, 08 Mar 2003 14:46:35 +0100

Some nits...

Paul Everitt wrote:

> ...along with some open questions at the end.
>
> --Paul
>

> Call for Participation, EuroPython Conference 2003
>
> The EuroPython Conference 2003 (EPC2003) returns to Belgium this June,
> and the conference organizers are opening registration for
> presentation and tutorial proposals.
>
> Last year's EPC2003 was the first-ever community-organized Python

EPC2003 -> conference

> event.  Based on the rave reviews, we expect this year to be even more
> successful, and we're not just talking about the Chimay.
>
> We are looking for participation in the following conference tracks:
> Python Frameworks, Python Language, Python in Business, Python in
> Science and Industry, Python and Zope in Public Administrations, and
> Zope.  Track descriptions are available at
> http://www.europython.org/sessions/descriptions.
>
> You can propose a 30 minute talk, a 45 minute talk, or a 2 hour
> tutorial.  To propose a tutorial, please visit the Talk Submission
> page at http://www.europython.org/Talks/callFor.

Again, I'd rather have just one type of slot: 45 minutes with
an option to span two slots for longer talks.

> Please remember that tutorials and presentations from marketing or
> sales staff will not be accepted.

I think that's for the track chairmen to decide, right ?!

> For more information about the conference, please visit the conference
> website at http://www.europython.org/.  If you have any questions,
> please contact XXXX.

...the track chairmen:

	http://www.europython.org/sessions/descriptions

> Also, if you would like to help us make v2 of

v2 -> EPC2003

> the EuroPython conference a great success, please volunteer!  You can
> join us on the EuroPython mailing list at
> http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/europython.
>
> About EuroPython Conference 2003
>
>   EuroPython Conference 2003 is the premiere venue for meeting Python
>   and Zope developers from Europe and beyond.  As the first
>   community-organized Python and Zope conference, EPC 2003 delivers

EPC 2003 -> the EuroPython Conference

(EPC2003 is the second such event)

>   the atmosphere and information developers want.  The conference will
>   be held June 25-27, 2003 in Charleroi, Belgium.  Information is
>   available at the EuroPython website at http://www.europython.org/.
>
> Notes
>
>   o The HTML version will have hyperlinks to track descriptions, what
>   for the email version?  Reference numbers, nothing?

Inline the links as well as the email addresses. Most
email readers know how to turn these into working links.

>   o Do we need to mention speaker benefits (which we haven't
>   finalized) ?

AFAIR, speakers get free entry, but have to pay for catering.
Travel and accomodation expenses are not refunded, not do they
get any compensation.

>   o Who can people contact for non-public questions (the XXXX) ?

The Executive Committee, just like last year, except that
you don't seem to have finalized who that will be yet.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 08 2003)
Python UK 2003, Oxford:                                     24 days left
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                       108 days left