[EuroPython] A bunch of questions

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom@aragne.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 20:27:29 +0100

<snip>

>> # Been a week sick, so catching up on emails, discussions and all the
>>   work. Going to ask some stupid questions too. #
>
> Any noise is reassuring...

indeed

> Can we persuade you to register on the roundup tracker I put up:
>
>     http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/tracker/europython/
>
>> Is there a full day track reserved for tutorials from the timetable
>> at the moment on some day - and was there allready an agreement of
>> the format of tutorials ( 30 minute, 2 hour? ,-)?
>
> Nothing like this is fixed yet.  Last year we had a morning of
> tutorials:
>
>     http://www.europython.org/2002/sessions/timeschedule

Correct. We wait for this until we know how many tutorials we have and
which ones.
But you can think that we at least leave as much time as last year
(which was 2 tracks for a half day).
It can become more of course if needed.

We can also decide for a one day full track of tutorials, etc.

>> If all the tutorials share the same one track - how will it be shared
>> between different categories. Any thoughts on that yet?
>
> I think the idea is that each track can devote a bit of it's time to
> tutorials if it so wants.  But I'm not too sure.  I'd like there to be
> some for Python Language.
>
> I'm currently planning to send a mail/pr around along the lines of
> "tell us what tutorials you'd like to see".  Should we make this a
> whole conference effort or should I just do it for my track?  I guess
> Python Language, Python Frameworks and Zope are the most tutorialable
> tracks.
>
> (Draft attached to:
>  http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/tracker/europython/issue19
>  for the curious.  I need to put some more general info about EP, I
> think).

mwh, could you put this in an issue at the tracker? It would be good to
make a whole conference effort

>> I'm asking because from my Zopish and Plonish point of view there
>> might be interest to have quick tips and tricks sessions about CMF,
>> Plone, Silva etc., in the same way as lightning talks - except that
>> the presentations really only take that 10 - 15 minutes.
>
> That would be cool, if different from last year.  I think the spirit
> is: you're track chairman, do what you like.

Right, that's the correct spirit. We've given the possible time slots
and they will be spaced as blocks of 90 minuites.
That went good last year, so we'll keep it. It's up to the track
chairman to fill it... with 30 or 45 min talks.
Tutorials can of course take longer times.

<snip>

>> BTW. There are no benefits in conference fee for people who do
>> lightning talks?
>
> I don't think so.

Nope, none at all. This is the same as last year. For less then 30min we
can't give any benefits.

Regards,
Tom.