[EuroPython] Some things I'd like to see at EuroPython...

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 01:33:14 +0100

I was thinking about things I'd be interested in taking part
of at EuroPython 2003, and here are some things I came up with,
besides actually meeting other pythonistas in real life and
mingling with mega-stars like Guido and others! ;)

* A Twisted tutorial or workshop.

* A ReportLab tutorial.

* Perhaps a PLONE tutorial?

* A presentation of PBF and PiT: Objectives and status etc.

* Presentations of other business related Python software,
   like workflow systems, document management etc.

* A presentation of the Chandler project. Mitch Kapor would be
   nice of course, but Robin Dunn of wxPython fame is as far
   as I understand currently contracted by OSAF to work with
   wxPython for Chandler. Andy Hertzfeld might do too I guess...

If I had been newer to python, I also think I would have liked:

* A Python tutorial, maybe by some book author who gets a chance
   to push for his product? (Alex? Magnus (not me, the Norwegian)?
   Wesley? David? Mark?)

* A wxPython tutorial?

* A DB-API tutorial?

--