[EuroPython] i18n and realted issues

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Thu, 01 May 2003 12:19:49 +0100

Tim Couper <drtimcouper@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> From the sounds of this discussion, it might be
> advantageous to find a speaker who can explain the
> internationalisation issues and how python gets around
> it.
>
> a. Is there any space in the Python Language track?

Possibly :-) I haven't laid it out yet... was going to until You Know
What happened.

I can almost certainly make room.

> b. Can anyone recommend a speaker who is knowledgable
> in this area.

MvL is the obvious victim :-) I don't know if he's planning on
attending this year, though.

> It seems that the issue isn't so much the "how python does
> internatioanlisation" but "how do I work the one-true-python-way to
> get it all sorted out. Clearly unicode is one part, but the whole
> locale issue needs explaining clearly and, it appears, would have a
> good audience.

Sounds like it!

Cheers,
M.

--
  Or here's an even simpler indicator of how much C++ sucks: Print
  out the C++ Public Review Document.  Have someone  hold it about