[EuroPython] Mozilla Calendar

Joachim Schmitz js@aixtraware.de
Thu, 15 May 2003 20:09:35 +0000

Hi Dinu,

you should be able to subscribe to that calendar, at least I can do that =

with Mozilla, then you can name it whatever you want.
If you have Mozilla Calendar installed, just type

webcal://www.europython.org/Talks/Calendar

and the calendar subscription window pop's up and you are free to name=20
it whatever you want.

Dinu Gherman wrote:
> Tom Deprez:
>=20
>> If you use the Mozilla Calendar, have a look at
>> http://www.europython.org/Talks/Calendar. Joachim made it possible
>> to export the talks to the calendar format.
>> Improvements (ie if you know the format and can give some advice) are
>> welcome!
>=20
>=20
> Hi Tom/Joachim!
>=20
> Nice! Mac OS X users can use this in iCal [1], too! I'm not quite
> sure the name, Calendar.ics is very convincing. I have about 10
> other calendars displayed in iCal and naming one of them just
> "Calendar" is, well, not enough. I'd suggest EPC2003.ics.
>=20
> Also, the content might not be entirely correct, see the shortened
> SUMMARY line in the sample below. Unless this is for readability,
> I thin it's also quite common to have one such line including the
> : really on one line, like this:
>=20
> BEGIN:VEVENT
> SEQUENCE:8
> UID:314C0163-70B3-11D7-822A-00039345C610
> DTSTAMP:20030416T110342Z
> SUMMARY:Giulia Menchiari
> RRULE:FREQ=3DYEARLY;INTERVAL=3D1;BYMONTH=3D04
> DTSTART;VALUE=3DDATE:19730424
> DURATION:P1D
> END:VEVENT
>=20
> While this is an excerpt from your file:
>=20
> BEGIN:VEVENT
> UID
>   :03107191712
> DTSTART
>   :20030626T114500Z
> DTEND
>   :20030626T123000Z
> SUMMARY
>   :Track: Python Business Room: A Speaker: John Pinner Title: Real Worl=
d=20
> Python Bu
> URL
>   :http://www.europython.org/sessions/talks/talk?itemId=3D03107191712
> END:VEVENT
>=20
> You can find more about the format in the RFC below [2].
>=20

The format is (should be) rfc2445 compliant. I found the same formatting =

in some calendars, you can download from Apple.

--=20
Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen                              Joachim Schmitz
AixtraWare Ingenieurb=FCro f=FCr Internetanwendungen
Telefon: +49-2464-8851, FAX: +49-2464-905163