[EuroPython] Draft initial press release

Xavier Heymans xavier.heymans at skynet.be
Thu Nov 6 08:21:18 EST 2003

Hello you all,

I would like to send you some suggestions based on communication experience
as well as team management: people never get a better result if they
depreciate the work done by others.

Remarks 1 :
>> "After two successful years in Charleroi, Belgium, it is time for
>> Europython to change venue and raise its ambitions."  "We will have more
>> venue space at lower cost next year",

Suggestion : this phrase could be understood as a depreciation of the work
done before. You never win depreciating others, prefer promotion of
continuous success and new services.

I would prefer that you write something like : "the success of the past 2
editions, continuous growth of the market and suggestions received from
atteendees have led us to some reorganization of the programming: more
sessions will be held, ...."

Remark 2 = same as remark 1
"Reducing cost and increasing quality has been a main concern"

I would prefer "low cost lodging and new services will be offered to
attendees"...

Remark 3 = same as remark 1

"to help make this the best Python conference ever"

If you look back, not many people had the guts to organize the first
Europython. Maybe in 2006 your organization (as good as it will be) will
appear small and unprofessional.

Prefer for example "help make this Python conference continue the momentum
and growth initiated by its founders"...

People never loose to congratulate good work done by others.

Just suggestions. Fell free to follow it or not,

All the best,

Xavier Heymans (working with Godefroid Chappelle)
--
ALYNXIS sprl
Avenue Maeterlinck 18, 1348 Louvain-La-Neuve
xavier.heymans at skynet.be

TVA BE 476 498 642, RC  95 176