[EuroPython] Draft initial press release

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Thu Nov 6 08:53:04 EST 2003

In a message of Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:18:57 +0100, "Nicolas Chauvat" writes:
>On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 12:43:51PM +0000, Michael Hudson wrote:
>
>> site.  Apropos the website, is what's at
>>
>>     http://europython-develop.zope.nl/epc
>>
>> going to become the "offical" web site?  What needs to be done before
>> that can happen?  Or is sticking with the CMS (for want of a better
>> word) we have now the safer option?
>
>I'd suggest we ask for help on the #plone forum and/or mailing-list. We'l
>probably find there people willing to spend the missing hours that we
>other organizers don't have (at least that I don't have) to get it
>in good shape.
>

>--
>Nicolas Chauvat
>
>logilab.fr - services en informatique avancée et gestion de connaissances

I'd rather move the other directtion.  The thing that I disliked the
most about last year's site was that only a rare few people with Zope
chops could go hack on it.  The year before at least there was a wiki.
Moving to Plone seems to make this problem even worse.  I'd like it if
this conference could have a website that it was very, very, easy to
hack so that people could easily add whatever they like without having
to learn a content management system or 3.  It is possible for
communities to form, self-organising around documents, but only
if the people who want to form the communities and sub-groups get
to write the documents.

Laura